Resources for Business, Entrepreneurs and Non-profit Organizations
New! Check out the e-merge Entrepreneur Network at www.e-mergewestmichigan.org. This website is a source of local information and practical tools for people thinking about starting a business, people who are in the process of starting a business, or people who are trying to grow an existing small business. It will lead you to e-merge partner organizations and people who can help you succeed!
- Looking for Technical Assistance?
- Retired Engineer Technical Assistance Program (RETAP)professionals are available through the Retired Engineer Technical Assistance Program (RETAP) program to assist businesses and institutions in Michigan with pollution prevention (P2) and energy efficiency. Businesses of 500 employees or fewer in the state and institutions of any size are eligible for RETAP services, free of charge.
- The Association of Procurement Technical Assistance Center represents 94 PTACs dedicated to assisting businesses seeking to compete successfully in federal, state and local government contracting. Learn about the PTACs and connect to a Center near you to get the help you need.
- Employer’s Association of West Michigan provides comprehensive information for employers to effectively manage their human talent, keep pace with changing complexities and implement best practices through publications, survey data, training and development, professional group forums and the on-going assistance from professional staff.
- Looking for an intern?
- West Michigan Strategic Alliance’s Internship Initiative: Internships are a viable strategy for increasing and maintaining intellectual capital in our region, thus contributing to its sustainability. They benefit employers, students as well as institutions of higher education. Check out their Employers Internship Toolkit to pursue an internship program for your organization. You may also want to establish relationships with local Colleges and Universities to maximize your internship program.
- Interested in building performance and energy management/optimization?
- Check out www.energystar.gov to explore their Portfolio Manager. This interactive energy management tool that allows you to track and assess energy and water consumption across your entire portfolio of buildings in a secure online environment. Whether you own, manage, or hold properties for investment, the Portfolio Manager can help you set investment priorities, identify under-performing buildings, verify efficiency improvements, and receive EPA recognition for superior energy performance.
- Need help with a business plan or product development?
- SCORE: SCORE offers free and confidential business advice through online and face-to-face mentoring. Click here to find a SCORE office near you.
- Michigan Small Business and Technology Development Centers (MSBTDC) offer small business counseling, training and market research assistance. Contact the West Michigan office, servicing Muskegon, Kent and Ottawa Counties, for additional information.
- The Starting Block is West Michigan's Non-Profit Regional Kitchen Incubator and Entrepreneurial Center with a commercial kitchen facility available to: producers and packagers of specialty and gourmet food, caterers, churches, school groups and civic organizations.
- Muskegon County MSU Extension Office offers a free program Entrepreneurship: The Road to Independence to help individuals understand what is needed to begin pursuing a new business startup.
- Interested in doing business with the County? Explore our vendor registration process.