Requesting Files & Record Searches

Please see main Circuit Court Records' page for 

office hours and closures.

Due to the volume of cases filed with the Muskegon County Circuit Court, we are unable to keep all files on-site. The records available on-site are as follows:

  • Family Court: Files from 2009 through the present. These include: divorce, paternity, support, custody, and PPOs
  • Criminal: Files from 2013 through the present
  • Civil: Files from 2014 through the present

Ordering Off-site Records

All files prior to the above dates are stored at an off-site facility. Off-site files may be ordered from the Circuit Court Records office, 231-724-6251, which is located on the 6th floor of the Michael E Kobza Hall of Justice. Please allow a minimum of 2 days for the file to be delivered to our office, at which time we will notify you by telephone.

If you need a file from off-site storage immediately, there is a $40 expedited fee which must be paid at the time of the request. Expedited files are delivered to the Circuit Court Records office the same day when ordered prior to 2 p.m. Orders placed after 2 p.m. will be delivered to the Circuit Court Records office the following business day.


Copies cost $1 per page fee.

Certified Copies

Many governmental agencies require certified copies. Should you require a certified copy, there is a $10 certification fee, on top of the $1 per page fee. Please let us know at the time of your request that you require a certified copy. We will not certify any document brought into our office.

Record Searches

Anyone may request a record search on any individual for a cost of $10 per name. The request must be presented in writing to:

Muskegon County Circuit Court Records
Michael E Kobza Hall of Justice
990 Terrace Street
6th Floor
Muskegon, MI 49442. 

If sending your request in by mail, please include a check or Money Order made out to Circuit Court Records and a self - addressed stamped envelope. You will be provided with the file numbers of any cases for the individual. If you wish to look at the files or obtain copies, you will need to come to the Circuit Court Records Office. Copy fees are stated above.