The Elections Office will be open until 5:00 on the following days:
* Thursday, December 7 for post-election campaign finance statements for candidate or ballot questions appearing on the Nov. 7 ballot.
* Wednesday, January 31, 2024 for annual campaign finance statements for candidate or ballot questions.
August 8, 2023 City Primary Election
August Primary Official Candidate List (Deadline to file is April 25, 2023 by 4:00 p.m.)
August Primary Official Proposal List (Deadline to file proposals is May 16, 2023 by 4:00 p.m.)
November 7, 2023 City General Election
November General Official Candidate List (Deadline to file is July 25, 2023 by 4:00 p.m.)
November General Official Proposal List (Deadline to file proposals is August 15, 2023 by 4:00 p.m.)
Filing for office with the County Clerk:
Due to limited space inside the offices, it will be necessary for you to have all of your requests/ applications completed before you are allowed inside the office, including having your identification documents and payment ready. If your requests/application is not notarized before you arrive, please DO NOT sign until a notary is present in the office.
With the Michigan Votes tool you can:
- Track your absentee ballot
- Determine if you are registered to vote
- Find your polling location
- Contact your local election official
- Learn to use your voting equipment
- Find answers to frequently asked questions
- View your sample ballot
OFFICES TO BE ELECTED IN 2023
In Muskegon County
- City Officers