Filing deadline for Local School Board, MCC Board of Trustee, and Village offices is TUESDAY, JULY 26th by 4:00 p.m.
Precinct Delegate filing deadline is TUESDAY, MAY 3rd by 4:00 p.m. Please verify precinct/ward information with the city/township clerk.
The Muskegon County Board of Canvassers will meet Thursday, May 5, 2022 at 9:00 a.m. in the Jury Assembly Room, Michael E. Kobza Hall of Justice 6th Floor, for the purpose of Canvassing the May 3rd Election.
Filing for office with the County Clerk:
Due to limited space inside the offices, it will be necessary for you to have all of your requests/applications completed before you are allowed inside the office, including having your identification documents and payment ready. If your requests/application is not notarized before you arrive, please DO NOT sign until a notary is present in the office.
With the Michigan Votes tool you can:
- Track your absentee ballot
- Determine if you are registered to vote
- Find your polling location
- Contact your local election official
- Learn to use your voting equipment
- Find answers to frequently asked questions
- View your sample ballot
OFFICES TO BE ELECTED IN 2022
In Muskegon County
- Judge of the Circuit Court (Incumbent, Non-Incumbent, New Judgeship)
- Judge of the District Court (Incumbent)
- Judge of the Probate Court (Incumbent)
- County Commissioners; Districts 1 - 7
- Precinct Delegates (verify precinct/ward information with city/township clerks)
- Township Offices
- Village Offices
- School District Positions
- Muskegon Community College Board of Trustees
- Governor/Lt. Governor
- Secretary of State
- Attorney General
- State Senate
- State Representative
- State Board of Education
- University of Michigan Regents, Michigan State University Trustees, Wayne State University Governors
- Justice of the Supreme Court
- Judge of the Court of Appeals