If an emergency occurs go inside, turn on the radio or television and listen for instructions.
Follow Shelter In Place Instructions
- Close fireplace dampers.
- Close windows and doors.
- Gather flashlight, food, water, medicines, duct tape, towels, plastic sheeting, battery operated radio, and cordless telephone, if available.
- Go inside immediately.
- Go to an inside area or room and seal cracks and openings (using duct tape and plastic.)
- If children are at school they will be protected. Do not travel to the school for them.
- If you smell a chemical or anything unusual, dampen a towel and breathe through it.
- Stay inside your home or building.
- Stay still and quiet to minimize air use.
- Stay tuned to a radio or TV station for further instructions, or for the "All Clear" to be issued.
- Turn off air conditioners and heating system blowers.
After the All Clear has been sounded:
Open Doors and Windows and air out the house. If you are away from home, go to a shopping center or public building for shelter and wait for instructions for shelter or evacuation.
Warnings / Emergency Action instructions will be Issued by Central Police Dispatch,
at the Direction of the Incident Commander:
- Central Police Dispatch will activate the Warning Systems
- Emergency Alert System EAS [Public Radio Warning System]
- First Call Telephone Warning System
- NOAA Weather Radio Warning System
- Television Cable Override Warning System