Mark Fairchild is the Elected Register Of Deeds of Muskegon County, Michigan. He has served as Register Of Deeds since being first appointed by the Honorable Neil Mullally and Prosecutor Tony Tague in September of 1999. Before the appointment, Mark served you as a County Commissioner from the County's 7th District for 13 years and worked professionally as a Branch Manager for a National Mortgage Lender. Mark's professional experience scans the spectrum from Telecommunications and Manufacturing business ownership to Financial Securities and Insurance sales to Mortgage Lending Origination and Management.
Highlights & Awards
On September 1, 2020 The Muskegon Tribune published a front page story titled "Good Deeds Last Forever" which highlighted the Critical Importance of the Register of Deeds during the COVID-19 Pandemic. http://muskegontribune.com/good-deeds-last-forever/ .
On February 28, 2000 The Muskegon Chronicle published a front page story titled "Register Cleans Up Dirty Deeds" which highlighted the operational reform carried out by Mark to progressively transform the Register Of Deeds Office through tough challenges and changes to make it the proud operation it is Today! Emphasized in the article were quotes from Attorneys, Real Estate and Title Company Professionals excited about the change and progress Mark Fairchild had been able to achieve.
In 2002 Mark was awarded the Distinction of being inducted into the WHO'S WHO Historical Society International WHO'S WHO of Public Service.
Other Public Service
As a County Commissioner, Vice Chairman of the Board and Chairman of its Community Development Committee Mark was Instrumental in the creation or development of some of Muskegon County's well recognized landmarks and assets:
- Heritage Landing
- The Airport Business Park and Terminal
- Muskatawa Rail Trail
- The Muskegon County Parks restructuring and refurbishment
- The Naming of The Michael E Kobza Hall of Justice
- The Union Depot acquisition and renovation
- The Development of the County's South Campus Complex
- The Baker College Campus Development on Marquette Avenue
Memberships & Education
Mark Fairchild is a member of:
- American Record Managers Association
- The American Society of Civil Engineers
- The International Association of Clerks, Recorders, Officials and Treasurers
- The Michigan Association of Register Of Deeds
- Muskegon County Building Authority
- The Muskegon Oldnewsies Board Of Directors
- The Property Records Industry Association
- West Michigan Home Builders Association
- The West Michigan Lakeshore Association of Realtors
He holds a Bachelors Degree in Telecommunications from Michigan State University, An Associates Degree from Muskegon Community College and is a graduate from Orchard View High School.