How can I start a case?

If you are not receiving public assistance and would like to start a case, you must submit an application for services. You can submit an application online. You can contact the Michigan Office of Child Support at 866-540-0008 if you have questions regarding your application.

If you are receiving public assistance, a case will be automatically started for you. You will receive a letter in mail with further instructions.

Show All Answers

1. How can I start a case?
2. What is the next step in my case?
3. How is the other parent notified?
4. What if parents do not cooperate?
5. What about DNA testing?
6. How is the amount of child support determined?
7. What if a husband is not the biological father of a child?
8. Who do I ask about custody and parenting time issues?