If your vehicle has been impounded by the Muskegon County Sheriff Department you must do the following to have the vehicle release:
- The impounded vehicle will only be released to the owner of the vehicle. Bring proof of ownership, including vehicle registration, vehicle insurance, or vehicle title to the Muskegon County Sheriff Department.
- Respond to the Muskegon County Sheriff Department records office Monday - Friday. For an impound release. Records hours are 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM and closed from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM for Lunch. Enter the Hall of Justice at 990 Terrace St, Muskegon MI 49442. The entrance faces Pine Street.
- The cost for the release is $60.00 and must be paid in cash.
- You will be provided a receipt and may then pick up your vehicle at the towing company at which it is stored.
- For weekend and after hour impound releases, speak with the jail by using an intercom on the exterior of the building or by calling 231-724-6351.