The Muskegon County Apportionment Commission will have a work session on:
Date: Wednesday, October 27, 2021
Time: 12:00 noon - 2:00 p.m.
Place: Muskegon County Hall of Justice
Board of Commissioner's Room, 4th Floor
990 Terrace Street
Muskegon, MI 49442
This meeting is open to the public.
Nancy A. Waters, Muskegon County Clerk
Muskegon County Apportionment Plan Review Dashboard
The Muskegon County Apportionment Commission, with assistance from Muskegon County GIS has released an interactive online application for reviewing the apportionment plans being considered. This viewer allows users to view plans, received details about proposed commissioner district populations and submit comments about various plans. To view the application, CLICK HERE or the image of the dashboard to the left.
Note: Please be advised that the information below is from the 2010 census. We will be meeting this year, (2021) to do apportionment for the next 10 years using the 2020 census data and we will post updates here.
On May 11, 2011, the Muskegon County Apportionment Commission adopted Plan 9 to 3 to establish nine commission districts. All required documents supporting Plan 9 to 3 were sent to the Secretary of State, Bureau of Elections, by Certified mail on Friday, May 20th and signed for on Monday May 23, 2011.
- Apportionment Resolution (PDF)
- 2010 to 2020 9 District Plan Adopted 2011-05-11(Full Size) (PDF)
- 2010 to 2020 9 District Plan Adopted 2011-05-11(Letter Size) (PDF)
- Plan 9 to 3 Stats Graph (PDF)
- Plan 9 to 3 Text Descriptions (PDF)
- Plan 9 to 3 District Report (PDF)
County Commission Districts
According to State Law, the Muskegon County Apportionment Commission is responsible for establishing County Commission districts within the County every 10 years after the census has been completed. The County Apportionment Commission consists of the County Clerk, the County Treasurer, the Prosecuting Attorney, and the statutory County chairperson of each of the two political parties whose candidates for Secretary of State received the most votes in the last election for that office. In Muskegon County it is the Democratic Party and Republican Party./
2010 Census Data
- Census Block 2000 Within Census Tract 402 of Muskegon County-Prison Population of 3,631 Removed From Total Census (PDF)
- Full Census Population and Populations without the State Prison Population (PDF)
- U.S. Census Municipality Boundaries and Voting Districts Map (PDF)
- U.S. Census P.L. 94-171 County Block Map (PDF)
- U.S. Census School District Reference Map (PDF)
- U.S. Census Tract Reference Map (PDF)
Muskegon County Redistricting Plans
General Information & Guidelines
- 2000-2010 Census County Commissioner District Map (PDF)
- Apportionment Commission Standards (PDF)
- APPORTIONMENT RULES OF PROCEDURE 06-16-21
- General Information Document with Questions and Answers (PDF)
- Guidelines for Apportionment (PDF)
- Michigan State Law -Act 261 from 1966 (PDF)
- MUSKEGON COUNTY APPORTIONMENT COMMISSION members
- Time Frames (PDF)