Business Registration (DBA)
We are open to the public Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. for marriage licenses and new CPL Licenses and until 4:30 for all other services.
For CPL renewals, please follow the instructions on how to renew your CPL license under our Concealed Pistol License tab.
1. If you plan to come into our office, please be advised that you will have to answer two health questions. Using the QR code below will speed up the entrance process. Just keep the final screen up on your phone to show at the front door.
2. Due to limited space inside the offices, it will be necessary for you to have all of your requests/applications completed before you are allowed inside the office, including having your identification documents and payment ready.
3. Please keep in mind that the offices close at 4:30 p.m. and some services can take up to 20 minutes to perform. Please allow for this when coming in to our office.
The Muskegon County Business Registration forms are available below in PDF format.
You may request a Business Registration in person or by mail.
Before you go into the Clerk’s Office, you will be required to have the following items out and ready:
1. The completed Certificate of Assumed Name or Co-Partnership (NOT LLC). Do not sign the form until told to do so by the Clerk.
2. Photo ID
3. Payment of $10.00. We accept cash, check/money order, or charge. Make checks/money orders payable to Muskegon County Clerk and put your ID and telephone number on it.
To pay by credit or debit card go to: www.govpaynow.com using Pay Location Code (PLC) 5117. Please note an additional service charge is applied to credit or debit card payments through the third party processor GovPayNet.
If you are requesting a Business Registration by mail, please have your form notarized before sending it in to us with your payment.