- County Government
- Departments A-D
- County Clerk
We are open to the public as follows:
Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. for marriage licenses, and CPL applications; and from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. for all other services.
No appointments are necessary.
Beginning May 8, the Vital Records Department has a new mailing address:
990 Terrace, SUITE 150, Muskegon, Michigan 49442
BOOK YOUR WEDDING WITH US!
County Clerk Buie is available to perform your wedding here
in our intimate ceremony room. You can choose your own vows
or use our standard vows. The $25 non-refundable fee is due when you book your ceremony.
We will be closed on the following holidays:
- Tuesday, July 4, 2023: Independence Day
- Monday, September 4, 2023: Labor Day
- Friday, November 10, 2023: Veterans' Day
- Thursday, November 23, 2023: Thanksgiving Day
- Friday, November 24, 2023: Day after Thanksgiving
- Monday, December 25, 2023: Christmas Eve
- Tuesday, December 26, 2023: Christmas Day
For CPL renewals, please follow the instructions under our Concealed Pistol License tab.
1. Due to limited space inside the offices, it will be necessary for you to have all of your requests/applications completed before you are allowed inside the office, including having your identification documents and payment ready.
2. Please keep in mind that the offices close at 4:30 p.m. and some services can take up to 20 minutes to perform. Please allow for this when coming in to our office.
REAL ID DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MAY 7, 2025
Do you need to renew your license soon? In order to fly after May 7, 2025, you must have the REAL-ID Compliant license/identification card. As required by the law, following the enforcement deadline, federal agencies, including the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), will be prohibited from accepting driver’s licenses and identification cards that do not meet these federal standards. For more information, visit Michigan.gov/REALID
Make sure you bring the following to the Secretary of State's Office to obtain the REAL-ID:
It is the mission of the County Clerk’s office:
- To provide efficient, courteous, and quality service to residents of Muskegon County, the general public, the board of commissioners, judges, court staff, lawyers and city, township and village clerks.
- To always conduct the County Clerk’s office as a public trust, with the highest standards of excellence, integrity, fairness, teamwork and in the best interest of those we serve.
- To efficiently and accurately record and maintain minutes, orders and proceedings of the board of commissioners and have the records readily available for review.
- To strengthen teamwork and cross training, while stressing quality service and loyalty to those we serve.
- To work together as a team with city, township and village clerks to ensure fair, open, honest, efficient and accurate elections.