Our offices are now open for all services except funeral homes Monday through Thursday 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. County offices will be closed on Thursday, July 2nd in observance of Independence Day and County Clerk offices are closed on Fridays through July 24th. Service to funeral homes will continue by appointment for the month of July and until further notice.
If you plan to come into our office, please be advised that you will have to go through a short health-screening procedure which includes having your temperature taken and answering a few questions. You will be required to wear a mask or face-covering at all times. Due to limited space inside the offices, it will be necessary for you to have all of your requests/ applications completed before you are allowed inside the office, including having your identification documents and payment ready. Please keep in mind that the offices close at 5:00 p.m. and some services can take up to 20 minutes to perform. Please allow for this when coming in to our office.
Do you need to renew your license soon? If you want to get a REAL ID-compliant one to use to fly after Oct.1, 2021 (per federal law), bring these documents with you to a Secretary of State office the first time so you don’t have to make multiple trips. Michigan.gov/REALID
On Thursday, January 3, 2019, the Muskegon County Board of Commissioners met and elected Susie Hughes of Commission District 3 as the County Board Chair for a two-year term. Also elected as Vice Chair was Gary Foster of Commission District 7.
It is the mission of the County Clerk’s office:
- To provide efficient, courteous, and quality service to residents of Muskegon County, the general public, the board of commissioners, judges, court staff, lawyers and city, township and village clerks.
- To always conduct the County Clerk’s office as a public trust, with the highest standards of excellence, integrity, fairness, teamwork and in the best interest of those we serve.
- To efficiently and accurately record and maintain minutes, orders and proceedings of the board of commissioners and have the records readily available for review.
- To strengthen teamwork and cross training, while stressing quality service and loyalty to those we serve.
- To work together as a team with city, township and village clerks to ensure fair, open, honest, efficient and accurate elections.