- County Government
- Departments R-Z
- Register of Deeds
- Schedule of Fees
Schedule of Fees
Effective October 1, 2016
For entering and recording any deed, mortgage, lis pendens, certified copy, or other instrument:
- $30 per Document, Regardless of the number of pages.
- *4 of this fee is deposited to the Michigan State Survey and Remonumentation (MSSR) fund.
- For any document which assigns or discharges more than one instrument, $3 shall be added to the recording fee for each additional instrument so assigned or discharged.
A tax certificate must be obtained from the County Treasurer's Office prior to recording any of the following (MCLA 211.135):
- Assignment of land contract with warranty clause
- A deed which contains a covenant of warranty
- Land contract
- Warranty deed
- Fee for Tax Certificate: $5
Please Make Tax Certification Checks payable to Muskegon County Treasurer.
- Copy, real estate records, per page: $1
- Copy, state or federal tax lien, per page: $1
- Copy, plats of record: $2
- Fee for Certification of any the copies, per document: $5
- Search Fee of any of the copies, minimum fee: $5
The Muskegon County Register of Deeds presents the Home Security Search Application free of charge as a service, to the Citizens of Muskegon County.
The Home Security Search is a free search tool designed to help you and individuals verify their own personal land records data and documents recorded in The Muskegon County Register of Deeds Office.
Home Security Search will help you Fight Fraud and make sure your property is secure by checking on your own personal property records.
Fraud Guard is a simple tool that helps protect you or your business from becoming the victim of Fraud. Fraud Guard notifies you, via email, when your name is on a document being recorded in Muskegon County. With Fraud Guard, you stay informed about how your name is used by others.
The Muskegon County Register of Deeds presents the Property Fraud Guard Alert Application free of charge as a service, to the Citizens of Muskegon County.