Important Documents Needed

Veterans Affairs Banner

Important Documents Needed to Expedite VA and Other Veterans Benefits Delivery.

  • Service Discharge Form
  • DD-214, DD-215, or for WW II veterans a WD form. These forms are often confused with “Certificates of Service”
  • Veteran’s marriage certificate for claims of a surviving spouse
  • Veteran’s death certificate if the veteran did not die in a VA health care facility
  • Children’s birth certificates or adoption papers to determine children’s benefits
  • Veteran’s birth certificate to determine parent’s benefits

Copies of these documents, if on file at the County Clerk’s Office, can be obtained without charge upon request through the County Department of Veterans Affairs.